Osher Reentry Scholarship
The Bernard Osher Foundation has provided MTSU a grant to fund 10 scholarships to nontraditional students who are beginning or resuming their first undergraduate college degree during the 2012-2013 academic year. Scholarship recipients will be identified as Osher Reentry Scholars.
The Guidelines for the Osher Reentry Scholarship:
1. Students are newly matriculating as freshmen, returning to, or transferring to MTSU at the undergraduate level and pursuing their first baccalaureate degree.
2. Students have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of five or more years.
3. Students anticipate participation in the workforce for a significant period of time subsequent to graduation and are ideally between the ages of 25 and 50.
4. Students demonstrate financial need.
5. Students show academic promise and a commitment to obtaining their degree.
6. The Osher Rentry Scholarship will award $5,000 for full-time enrollment. Partial scholarships may also be awarded to students who plan to enroll part-time.
The Osher Reentry Scholarship is NOT intended for students who are exclusively enrolled in online courses or for international students who are visiting the US with the intention of returning to their countries of origin after graduation. Scholarship awards must be applied to student tuition fees exclusively.
Time Line for the Osher Reentry Scholarship:
January 2, 2012 -- Online Scholarship application available
March 1, 2012 -- Deadline for Scholarship applications to be submitted
March 15, 2012 -- Deadline for the submission of your FAFSA
April 15, 2012 -- Notification of recipients of the Scholarship for 2011-12
May 1, 2012 -- Complete file for verification in Financial Aid