Chemical Analysis of Solid Surfaces: The theme of our research pertains to
understanding molecular scale processes that govern the binding of
nanoparticles to solid surfaces in aqueous solution environments and
influences of interfacial structure to chemical reactivity (video).
[Check out our YouTube videos]
Congratulations to Marvin Marksberry, who was awarded an OURE grant support
for Fall 2015!
• Congratulations to Dr. Mulugeta Wayu who has just started his postdoctoral
appointment at the University of Richmond this Fall 2015!
• Our work has been featured on the cover of the MTSU Research Magazine, 2014-2016
(Old news archive)
Selected Publications: (full listing)
• “Nontoxic Carbon Dots Potently
Inhibit Human Insulin Fibrillation.” Li, S.; Wang, L.; Chusuei, C.C.;
Suarez, V.; Blackwelder, P.; Micic, M.; Orbulescu, J.; Leblanc, R.M. Chem. Mater. 2015, 27, 1764-1771.
• “Cytotoxicity in the Age of Nano: the Role of Fourth
Period Transition Metal Oxide Nanoparticle Physicochemical Properties.”
Chusuei, C.C.; Wu, C.-H.; Mallavarapu, S.; Stephen Hou, F.Y.; Hsu, C.-M.;
Winiarz, J.G.; Aronstam, R.S.; Huang, Y.-W. Chem.-Biol. Interact., 2013, 206, 319-326.
• “Morphology of hydrothermally synthesized ZnO nanoparticles tethered to carbon nanotubes affects electrocatalytic activity for H2O2
detection.” Wayu, M.B.; Devkota, T.; Deb, A.K.; Spidle, R. T.; Delong,
R.K.; Ghosh, K.C.; Wanekaya, A.K.; Chusuei, C.C. Electrochim. Acta, 2013, 97, 99-104.