Chemical Analysis of Solid Surfaces: The theme of our research pertains to
understanding molecular scale processes that govern the binding of
nanoparticles to solid surfaces in aqueous solution environments and
influences of interfacial structure to chemical reactivity.
[Check out our YouTube videos]
interviewed us in a new 2014 video.
lab has just moved into the new Science Building Fall 2014.
work has been featured in the 2014 MTSU Magazine! Check it out here starting on page
18. Another highlight of it can
be read here.
• Congratulations to Anup Deb for successfully
defending his Master’s thesis this Fall 2013!
(Old news archive)
• “Nontoxic Carbon Dots Potently
Inhibit Human Insulin Fibrillation.” Li, S.; Wang, L.; Chusuei, C.C.;
Suarez, V.; Blackwelder, P.; Micic, M.; Orbulescu, J.; Leblanc, R.M. Chem. Mater. 2015, 27, 1764-1771.
• “Cytotoxicity in the Age of Nano: the Role of Fourth
Period Transition Metal Oxide Nanoparticle Physicochemical Properties.”
Chusuei, C.C.; Wu, C.-H.; Mallavarapu, S.; Stephen Hou, F.Y.; Hsu, C.-M.;
Winiarz, J.G.; Aronstam, R.S.; Huang, Y.-W. Chem.-Biol. Interact., 2013, 206, 319-326.
• “Morphology of hydrothermally synthesized ZnO nanoparticles tethered to carbon nanotubes affects electrocatalytic activity for H2O2
detection.” Wayu, M.B.; Devkota, T.; Deb, A.K.; Spidle, R. T.; Delong, R.K.; Ghosh, K.C.; Wanekaya,
A.K.; Chusuei, C.C. Electrochim. Acta, 2013, 97, 99-104.